Communication touches upon all aspects of our lives, whether in our interpersonal dealings or in our use of media. The School of Communication at Florida State University prepares students for these fast-growing sectors of our economy and our society, as practitioners or as scholars. Our undergraduate programs give students the skills to excel in many fields; our graduate programs prepare them for leadership roles.
We make use of state-of-the-art facilities in teaching and research, including computer labs for instruction and research, technology-enhanced classrooms, modern media-production studios as well as editing labs.
Our video production unit, Seminole Productions, offers many opportunities for students to enhance the skills they learn in class. FSU's athletic department is one of Seminole Productions' major clients. and its weekly sports highlight show, Seminole Sports Magazine, reaches more than 2 million Florida households via The Sunshine Network.
Over the past 15 years, many changes have occurred in the study of communication at FSU, but probably none more momentous than the July 1, 2009, merger of the College of Communication with the College of Information.
Director, School of Communication
- Meet Evelyn Bradfield, Casting Associate Producer on House Hunters International
- Meet Heath Woodlief, Tennis Channel Producer and FSU Alumnus
- Jessica Wendorf Muhamad Joins Communication Faculty
- Meet PR Alum Daniel Gonzalez, Advertising Researcher @ Comcast NBC Universal
- FSU researcher finds users influenced by cues when online ordering
- Korzenny Recognized, Inducted to AHAA Hall of Fame