Communication touches upon all aspects of our lives, whether in our interpersonal dealings or in our use of media. The School of Communication at Florida State University prepares students for these fast-growing sectors of our economy and our society, as practitioners or as scholars. Our undergraduate programs give students the skills to excel in many fields; our graduate programs prepare them for leadership roles.
We make use of state-of-the-art facilities in teaching and research, including computer labs for instruction and research, technology-enhanced classrooms, modern media-production studios as well as editing labs.
Our video production unit, Seminole Productions, offers many opportunities for students to enhance the skills they learn in class. FSU's athletic department is one of Seminole Productions' major clients. and its weekly sports highlight show, Seminole Sports Magazine, reaches more than 2 million Florida households via The Sunshine Network.
Over the past 15 years, many changes have occurred in the study of communication at FSU, but probably none more momentous than the July 1, 2009, merger of the College of Communication with the College of Information.
Director, School of Communication
- CCI alumna receives NFL Hispanic Heritage Leadership Award
- Doctoral Student Research Travel Award winners
- Hispanified Day brings youth from Leon County to Florida State to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month through film
- Three CCI professors nominated for Transformation through Teaching award
- FSU alumna becomes clinical fellow at the San Diego VA
- Meet Alumnus Tanner Stiehl, Marine Safety Supervisor @ US Coast Guard